Monday, April 5, 2010

First tip!


I am so so so excited and thrilled to be able to start this! Here is my first tip and certainly not my last. This is going to be by far the most controversial and one of the most important ones I will give you!

CUT OUT THE SODA!

It is so bad for you! I have to say that I am having a very hard time with this! I haven't had a soda pop in a whole month and there are days that I think I am going to die! I was an avid soda consumer and I quit cold turkey. I'm talking one or two 1 liter bottles a day. I didn't realize what it was doing to my body! There is absolutely no reason to drink soda other than the taste. It has no nutritional value whatsoever. Take a look at this link that explains some of the many reasons that soda pop is so bad for you. http://hubpages.com/hub/Soda-is-Bad-for-You
I am not saying that you need to quit cold turkey like I did, but it is definitely something to think about. Is the taste really worth all of the bad stuff?

4 comments:

  1. My parents know of a women who drank soda like a couple a day. And she now is 63 and in the hospital with liver failure. And she is having other problems as well. Never drank alcohol or anything like that. She just would have a couple glasses or cans of soda a day. I do that... Scared me to death! So starting tomorrow, I am quitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband quit pepsi cold turkey and he lost 10 lbs! It's really hard on your teeth too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only have soda as a treat every now and then, but it is a good reminder that you don't need to drink your calories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was mine and Mark's new years resolution was to give up soda for a whole year. My husband hasn't had a soda since december and looks great. I on the other hand am not as strong but have only had 5 this year where I used to drink or two a day. I don't think 5 is too bad. ALL IN MODERATION RIGHT???

    ReplyDelete